Beachbody Ultimate Reset, Day 2

I woke up this morning feeling pretty good.  It is New Year’s Eve and we all slept in til about 9am.  I took my morning supplements, this time taking the Oxyginize orally…I just dropped about 12 drops on my tongue.  It’s a little salty, but easy to stomach.  I did notice that I got an almost immediate, dull headache that lasted a couple of hours.  I think it must have been due to the Oxyginize becacuse if you think about it, you’re giving yourself a shot of pure oxygen.  I wasn’t too bothered by it though.

While I waited the 30 minutes to eat breakfast, I looked over my lunch (Greek Salad with Chicken Breast and Pine Nuts) and decided to ditch it in favor of the Microgreen Salad from Day 1.  I know, I know…I said I wasn’t going to substitute.  But, it was a logistical issue.  We were going to a New Year’s Eve Run and needed to leave the house at 11:30.  I didn’t want to have to cook the chicken (which I don’t really care for anyway) and I already had leftover salad from yesterday.  So, that’s that.  Breakfast was good, and easy to make.  I used honey in my plain yogurt and was blown away at how good it was!

Lunch was on the go because we spent too much time browsing  I did the 5k with my son, but walked most of it because Beachbody really doesn’t recommend exercise that raises your heart rate.  The reasoning behind this is that your body is using a lot of energy to support the detoxification that’s going on inside.  Strenuous exercise forces your body to redirect that energy, which is counter-productive.  Also, the meals–while nutritious–do not provide enough calories to support your body during exercise.  I admit that I did run a bit…but only because I didn’t want to finish with the back of the pack.  That’s just a pride issue.  A hilarious side note is that I finished only 2 minutes ahead of my husband, who was running the 10k.  Did I mention he runs marathons in his free time?

My schedule got a little screwed up after that.  The run was at 1, so it was after 2 by the time I was able to take my supplements and then I didn’t finish my DELICIOUS salad until almost 3.  Being New Year’s Eve though, I knew we’d be staying up late, so I didn’t sweat it too much.

Alkanalize was gross again.  This time, I mixed it in a glass with only about 3 ounces of water and took it like a shot.  But, it didn’t mix up very well and left a good deal of it in the bottom of the glass.  Still need to work on that one.

Dinner was PHENOMENAL.  I had been looking forward to it all day.  Actually, it was the guacamole that I was looking forward to.  I think avocados are the world’s perfect food.  I discovered Wholly Guacamole a while back and this time, I bought it in the single serving packets.  It’s a little more expensive that way, but easy to transport if you need to and it’s perfectly measured, so I’m not tempted to have just a “little more”.  The black beans and rice with the corn and salsa was just so tasty.  I made a double batch because I knew I would want it another time this week.

We were out an about a good portion of the day.  We had opted to have a quiet family night at home instead of trying to go out.  We had dinner, played a game of Words with Friends and then settled in to watch Doctor Who, which I slept through.  It was deep sleep, complete with dreams as my husband and son watched several episodes.  They woke me up at 11 to ring in the new year and I was asleep again by about 1am.

So far so good…but I am starting to dread days 3-5.  I’ve heard a lot about those being the worst days and I’m grateful that tomorrow is a holiday and I don’t have to go to work.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s