Beachbody Ultimate Reset – Day 4

I did not get a good night’s sleep.  I don’t know why, as I have slept well the entire time we’ve been on vacation.  It took a long time to get to sleep and then I woke up thinking that surely it was about time for the alarm to go off.  It was only 4am.  My husband set his alarm at 5am in order to get his P90X workout in before work and when his alarm went off, I had just drifted back to sleep.  I tossed and turned for about an hour before I got up.  Physically, I feel really good.  And, while I was tired, I was not as tired as I thought I should have been with little more than 5 hours of fitful sleep.  I was able to make all of our lunches and get out the door on time — a major accomplishment for me as usually I am dragging in the morning.

I took my supplements around 6:30 and ate a piece of toast before I left the house.  I took the rest of my breakfast with me — about a cup of green grapes (which seriously tasted like candy to me this morning) which I ate in the car. I ate my 1/2 cup of yogurt, this time sweetened with maple syrup, and blueberries when I got to the office. So, it took me about 1-1/2 hours to eat breakfast.  My lunch consisted of the last roll from dinner last night and microgreen salad.  Since I never made the Lime Lentil Salad, I couldn’t have that for lunch, so I just added the nuts back into my microgreen salad.  I had to set my alarm on my phone to make sure I got my supplements in on time, but I managed to stay on schedule.  My take on commercial real estate nyc:  yuck.  It was fantastic last night, but I just don’t think it keeps well.  It was fine, but I won’t do leftovers of that again.  I’ve still been doing the Alkanalize as a 2-3 ounce shot.  The taste has grown on me a little.  Or, it’s probably better to say that I don’t find it as gross.

Dinner was supposed to be stir-fried veggies, but I still had the leftover beans and rice from Day 2, so I ate that.  There wasn’t enough for my family so I made spaghetti for them.  This was really the first night that I made two meals and it was my choice to do so (I really just wanted guacamole again).  As I was cooking the ground beef, it smelled really good and I wanted to take a big bite.  Actually, to be more precise, I really wanted to just get a fork and eat the whole skillet full.  I mentioned before that I have been vegetarian and vegan in the past, but I have always loved red meat.  I come from a family of cattle ranchers, so I think it must just be in my DNA.  It occured to me that today was the first day I’ve really had any cravings.  It wasn’t that I was hungry…just wanted something.  After dinner, my son asked for some eggnog.  I love eggnog.  It damn near killed me to pour him an eggnog/sprite treat and not take a sip.  But, I didn’t.  In “real life” I think it’s fine to take a bite of something that you want, but when I’m working so hard on this, I’m just not going to do it.  That’s just part of my personality, I guess.  When I decide to do something, I give it 110%.

Still no negative “side effects” that I have read about in other people’s blogs.  For that I am grateful, but I do hope that something positive is happening.  I haven’t been back on the scale as I’m not really doing this to lose weight, per se.  That is the ultimate goal, but right now I just want to get my body fine tuned so that it is ready to lose weight, both physically and mentally. Tomorrow is Day 5 — which I have heard is the “worst”.

Tonight I plan to go to bed early and (hopefully) get a good night’s sleep.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s